Thursday 8 September 2016

Multiple Planner Syndrome

I think I have this condition which manifests itself in obsessive behaviours such as scouring the internet for different kinds, types or colours of planners and viewing, ad nauseum, You Tube videos of planner set-ups and reviews, not to mention membership of numerous planner Facebook groups.

Since the last list I made of my planners I have acquired a nude Original, a burnt orange Original and an A5 Malden is in the post. Do I need all these planners now? Probably not but I must think I do.

I've noticed on my Filofax adventures that quite a few others have developed this Syndrome. Mine focusses on the Malden family with a collection of different sizes in one colour plus Originals in different colours and 2 sizes. There is still scope for more additions but when does this syndrome become too much? When the shelf is filled? When the bookcase is filled? When time spent planning, organising, storing, binder making is more than the time spent doing and living life? When do we say, 

"Stop - no more!"?

My Christmas and Birthday presents have now been bought for at least the next 5 years. There is a ban on typing in 'Filofax' on Ebay and I shall try not to 'want' the next one so I'll just write a Wish List in my current planner and wish rather than spend more money.



Oh, I forgot to mention the Piazzas!

Happy Planning.

3 comments:

  1. At least it's not an expensive car or jewellery obsession. Could be a lot worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 'syndrome' has gotten worse. I've bought more binders in the last 18 months, than I have in the past 20 years. On the plus side, they've all been Personal size so I can switch them out as the mood changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my big FF shopping spree in 2013 and a few thereafter. Counting all I would almost get to 40 now. At first I thought I would immediately need to find a use and purpes for every one but nowadays I find that new needs for logbooks e.g. are coming up and I am happy to find a suitable ring binder for it.I know that I never need to buy another ring binder in FF sizes and that is a great thing, no browsing for the ultimate next binder for me and plenty of time to do other things.

    ReplyDelete